Sunday, 1 April 2012

Another amazing day divided into two equally exciting halves.  The first half at Hobart's Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) - an astonishing, confronting, exciting and spectacular experience.  An art gallery like nothing I've ever seen before.  I could write volumes, and bore you all to death, but I won't.  There are sites devoted to this magnificent museum, seek them out for yourself. 

At the end of a visit to MONA, you can have a link emailed to you that lets you re-experience your visit and see again the works you saw and rated.  As I said, MONA is like no other museum I've ever visited, and it's beyond brilliant.  If you'd like to share my visit, let me know and I'll send you a link, you can see the works of art I viewed, how I rated them and in the order I viewed them.  You can also view the works I missed or failed to rate.  Try doing that at any other Museum or art gallery anywhere in the world....

The second half of my day was spent visiting Marg, a fellow photographer who shares her photos on Webshots.  I spent a lovely afternoon with Marg, who was warm, welcoming and a generous host who invited me to stay for a delicious dinner.  Please visit Marg's photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/tasglass7 and enjoy her photos, she's a beautiful person. 

It's late as I write, and I've not downloaded today's photos from my camera.  I have about a hundred photos from MONA and some beautiful sunset shots taken from Marg's deck overlooking the Derwent River.  I'll share a few of each in tomorrow's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keith! Pleased you had another lovely day to add to your holiday memory treasure chest. Sounds as though MONA was something unique and your photos will be interesting. An enjoyable afternoon with Marg and Alice, finished by a delicious dinner at sunset, sounds like a perfect way to complete the day. Thanks for the update and hope your tomorrow gets even better... Gladys, Western Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keith, Oh what a wonderful day you had in Hobart at MONA and visiting with Marg – two great combinations for a perfect day! I visited Marg’s album on MONA a few days ago when I first heard of this museum through you. It will be interesting to see your observations. I’ll let you wait until you get back home. You’re going to have a lot of sorting to do when you get back. Apparently the blog doesn’t allow you to place links as there are the blank spaces, but who cares. We are interested in you, and your experiences. I’m so glad you were able to spend the afternoon with Marg and share a delightful dinner with her. What better way to share with friends. I’m so glad you had a wonderful day. I’m looking forward to your photos of this visit. Have a marvelous next day. (It’s always hard for me to say tomorrow because by the time I say it you’ve already had it.) ..Betty

    ReplyDelete