Thursday morning in my own space, and
it feels good. Tuesday night in Sydney was awful, I was kept awake
until after 2 a.m by noise from a band in pub opposite my hotel in
Sydney. A family in the room next to mine had two children, they
were up and making noise at 5. Sleep was impossible.
Feeling so tired, I decided against
spending a day in Sydney. I changed my reservation on the train and
took the midday service. Being so close to the Easter school
holidays, I didn't expect to get a seat. In fact the train was
heavily booked, but they had a cabin nobody wanted because it faced
backwards. I jumped at it, three seats to myself, my own bathroom, a door to shut myself in, and all at no extra cost.
Last night I fell into bed and slept
like a baby. The call of Magpies woke me this morning; it's nice to
be home. Today I have to hit the supermarket, I ran down my
groceries before I went away, so I need to stock up for the Easter long week
end.
There are over 300 emails waiting for
my attention, I'll make a start on them, and then get down to my
photos. I took more than 2,000 photos on my trip to Tasmania, so it
will take a while to work through them all and pick out the best for
post production. What a wonderful adventure this has been; already
I'm thinking about possible future destinations, and how I might do
it smarter.
In the departure lounge at Hobart airport, two posters caught my eye; I took a photo of each. The shots aren't very good because the posters were under glass and there are reflections, but the message shines through.
![]() |
| Whatever you discovered in Tasmania... Tell the world... |
Is where you're going as beautiful as where you're leaving?
Finally, two shots taken from the train
yesterday, to remind me that home isn't so bad either.




Hi Keith! It is always good to get back Home, even though there is sadness that a lovely holiday has to come to an end. Thankyou for making this blog and sharing your experiences each day, and I know the memories will linger for a long time yet as you sort through all those photos. The Tassie posters have a good message and your views from the train window are well worth enjoying too. Easter Greetings and Best Wishes.. Gladys, Western Australia...
ReplyDeleteHi Keith, What a lovely ending to a wonderful trip (the train). Both of the airport posters are wonderful. I’m glad you thought to take photos for a parting reminder of this lovely place. And I love the shots from the train. Not only are the scenes just beautiful, but I really like how you backed off from the window and allowed the train to be the frame. It’s beautiful how you can see the light on the window sill in the top photo, and what a gorgeous photo. So glad you are home safe and sound and can get some good rest and catch up with your friends. Thank you for doing this great blog and keeping us informed and updated at all times, and for the wonderful photos, and for taking us with you on this marvelous trip. Great job! ..Betty
ReplyDelete